Monday, September 15, 2008

pancakes and sticky hands

Today is one of the first days that I feel kinda helpless being here. I have to get the boys ready and to the bus stop by 8:30 and there is a ten minute walk to the bus stop and today I felt like we were running a little late so we quickly moved along until Max started crying and I had to carry him the rest of the way. When we got to the bus stop we were early so the rush wasn't even worth it and I felt bad that I esentially had made Max cry because I wasn't being patient enough with him. We stayed at the bus stop for about ten minutes before the bus came and when the bus arrived I realized that I forgot the stuff that I was supposed to bring that Max needed to give to his teacher. I also needed to ask if they could eat at the school. I asked he said that we needed to call the school which we had already done and the only reason I needed to ask again was because they didn't get to eat at the school on Friday because the bus got there too early. Now I am worried that this bus driver does not know that he is supposed to take them home, but when you are speaking a foreign language and it is hard for people to understand you, sometimes it is easy to get flustered and I didnt even think to tell him that they would be getting a ride home on the bus. I just hope that the bus picks them up if it doesnt it is going to present a rather difficult situation for me. All this being said I am sure that everything will be fine and I will feel stupid for worrying but I for some reason after this situation occured I felt really defeated and I dont know exactly why, it is the first time that I have felt like that since I have been back.

In other news this weekend was awesome. We went out Friday night and Andy, one of the American boys locked his keys in his apartment, silly boy. I did it when I lived in Florence but I still gave him shit about it.

Saturday I went shopping and I bought a sweet Paddington Bear hat, a belt, and a pair of shoes that were on super sale. All with money that I didnt really have so thats great.

Saturday night we had an awesome BBQ at my house and a bunch of my Italian friends and the two Americans from OU came over. It was awesome because it was the first time that i got to play hostess for my Italian friends. I had a great time. We went bar hopping afterwards and met some really awesome English guys who were here for a bachelor party week. They are all musicians and were fun to talk to.

Sunday wasnt terribly eventful, mainly just watching movies and hanging out. SOOOO.... pretty much this is my life and I love it. I am going to access the situation that I am in here after I work at Canadian Island and i think by that time i will have a better idea of how long i would like to be here. I miss you all and hope that everything is going great.

a presto

un bacio a tutti

Amanda

No comments: