Monday, February 25, 2008

OK, I am here and I am alive but i do not have internet at the monestary and the only free place in town will only allow you to be on for thiry minutes at a time. My school is cute the monestary is beautiful and i was one of the lucky ones who got my own room. It is really cold in the monestary so i have been sleeping in my 40 and below gloves. The town is the perfect size for us and no one speaks any english so we are being forced into it pretty forcefully. When i drink my italian gets alot better. We went to Firenze the other day which is alot busier and absolutely stunning not to say that everything here is not stunning. All the girls that i am living with are nice for the most part but one of them is super pretentious and kinda a complete bitch. We dont really get along to say the least, but she will not ruin this for me. The train is really fun but hard to use. Kirk is the resident OU person here and he is teaching one of our classes which consist of traveling around the country and learning art history. Pretty hands on to say the least. He has two little boys. Alessio and Massimo and they are probably the cutest things I have ever seen. Kirks wife offered me a job to teach drama in English to little italian children and I think that I am going to do it so I might not be home until August or September. I really hope it works out. My parents were here and they fell in love and feel at ease about the whole situation. School starts next week so we are going to go see a town on the coast called Lucca. We havent really gotten to meet many italians so i cant wait until class starts and we can talk to people of our own age. The food is amazing and chead it is a euro for a panino that totally kicks jimmy johns ass. Well I love and miss you all and am sending you love from Italy. Postcards and stuff will probably start coming once I get more comfortable talking to people. I feel like I have improved in the last four days so the next months will hopefully make me alot better. KISSES AND HUGS!!!

Ciao miei amici!!!

No comments: